Thursday, September 28, 2006

Smoke Gets in Your Eyes

I took a day off today. Life is getting more stressful and tiring with the haze setting in again.
The reading today was 96 for Kuching. That was above the level healthy to us.
The Indonesia side of the island (i.e. Borneo) was having a worse hit than us. Visibility was only 100-200 metres for some places. One of the officials said that the haze was spread "evenly" throughout the whole region, so that meant that there were other bush fires in the area.
I hate the haze.
The last time when it came in its worst was in 1997, the time when I was about to sit for my Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (Malaysia Educational Certificate, or SPM as we all call it). Visibility was so bad, that the furthest one could see, was the lamp post immediately after the one that one was standing beside. There was nothing but yellow fug everywhere.
The haze was just so depressing. It brought us all down.
Go away!!!

4 comments:

Fish Fish said...

I hate haze too. Take care, Char Bor. Muak!

kaye~ys said...

fish fish: hey, this ain't the only entry that i've made so far... glad that you called... :)

Fish Fish said...

Of course I know. I read your blog everyday. ;) But sometimes I malas put comment. :P Yesterday too noisy, but felt great talking to you. I was flipping back my pics in handphone. Saw the pics of you eating McDonald 1st time with me that time. Muahahhaha... it brought back so much memories, I can't help to laugh at those funny actions that I've recorded... so I called just to hear your voice. Muak muak!

kaye~ys said...

fish fish: ok lar... i still keep all my pics of u two in my phone.. look at them when i'm not feeling too happy.. makes me feel better when i look at them.. mc had it as her wall paper... guess we r just so attached to one another, eh? u take k, k? We two r not having so much of a good time here.. at least one of us three should be happpy..