Wednesday, October 11, 2006

It's Getting Dark

Something is growing inside of me. A darkness that is trying to envelope me, and pull me down with all its might.
It does not march in with drums and trumpets, but sneaks up at you when you are most unaware.
It comes, and slowly, you cease to function normally.
It starts with your five senses, with which you communicate with this world. Then it starts to seep into your brain, the part that makes sense of the world around you. Finally, it seeps into your heart, the core of your spirit.
You start to see things the way it wants you to see. You start to hear things the way it wants you to hear. You start to think the things that it wants you to think. And you start to understand things the way it wants you to understand.
It isolates you, and makes you think that this world is your enemy.
You start to withdraw, and stop keeping in touch with this world.
It creeps into your heart, and clamps it with its cold hands, making you believe falsely that this world is a cold one.
May be it is. Cold as ice. Hard as a rock.
But I am also a part of this world too. Remember?
May be.
But I'm cold now. And this darkness is still pulling on me. It's still trying to pull me down.
I cannot lose.

2 comments:

Fish Fish said...

You didn't say "Leave me alone" in this post, so I assume it is ok for me to "kacau"? Don't really know what is happening now, but I want to say though the world is cold, there will always be people that are warm around you. *hugz*

kaye~ys said...

fish fish: Thanks, fish. I'll be alright.

I've got a new entry for you. Have a look at my next entry. Hope you like it.