Monday, September 01, 2008

Anna W. et. al.

29 August 2008, Friday

Anna W. came back on Friday, and we went out for dinner that night.

Fridays have always been quite hectic for me, as I will always have to rush for things to be done before the weekend, especially when I have to leave for other places the coming week.

But Anna came back, and she texted me for dinner. I had a lot to finish before the coming week, and three full days of activities waiting for me come weekend, but I just could not refuse her. She had been an angel to me when I was in K. L.

I picked Anna up at around seven from her place. Kelly, Anna's sister, came with us too. I felt that something was up since the moment she told me that she would be back home for a night, but I did not ask much. It was then that she told me her true purpose of being home, and that took the wind out of me.

That was a little dramatic, to take the wind out of me, but literally, I was about to throw up, after the stress of the day, and now this? The excitement had worked my body to the extend of almost vomiting. I will not disclose the true purpose of Anna's reason being home, for she had made me swear to total discretion. Furthermore, what better blackmailing material do I have on her than this?!!! I was more than delighted to know and not to tell. Hehe....

Anna and I had dinner at Bla Bla Bla, which served us huge dishes of chinese food fused with a western touch. I could only managed a small portion of it, and left the others for the rest of the table to finish. Anna was trying to get me to eat more, which I refused. There were two other guys with us, they could take care of that.

The dinner was a long and mundane one. None of us wanted to be there in the first place. I felt like leaving the place just half an hour of arriving there. Friends were waiting for me in another place.

The relief was immense when the dinner was called to an end. Anything to get out of there. Little did I know that it was about to continue on for the rest of the night.

We proceeded to R. K. for a drink. My intention in the beginning was actually to bring Anna along to meet all our old friends from our high school days. Her appearance was meant to be a surprise for them. It did create the impact, but sadly, she was not able to join the gang as her parents were with her as well. Oh, well, I was thinking, let them be. It was not everyday that one gets to be joined by their parents in a pub.

I was sitting with Anna and her parents, upon her insistence. Nick K. texted me from the other side, "You looked so bored..." There was no better description of me then. And my reply was equally boring, "Imagine having to sit with parents..."

"Haha.. Kesian..."

The night ended uneventfully with the parents taking off, and I thought I could steal Anna for another hour or so. Knowing that she needed a break, I took her driving up to the beach. It was dark there, and I dared not leave my vehicle. We sat locked in the car, listening the the quietness of the night. It was a peaceful night, with very little stars in the sky, and the tide far out at the end of the beach.

We spoke very little, listening more than talking. She was fine, a little frustrated and worn out, but fine nevertheless. She needed a break, and the only way that I could think of getting her one, was actually to let nature help her.

We both got home around sometime after two. I cleaned myself up before hitting the pillow. Her last text came in, telling me that it was not in her intention initially to get me involved. But I understood. So, it was not a problem at all, I told her.

Good night, she said, with a smile.

Good night, I said to her. I went to sleep. Tomorrow would be another long day.

No comments: