Monday, November 26, 2007

One Weekend Some Time Ago

I was sitting in front of SOHO one Saturday night, sipping little sips of Black Label from a plastic cup (the pub had run out of glasses, it was a weekend night), while watching the people coming in and out of the place.

This really was an interesting place.

Like my friend Jude once told me,"People come in a couple, or they come in a group. Some come alone. Some come to make a group, some come to be in a group." This was very true for SOHO during weekends. (Jude was actually referring to another pub when he said that, but I guess that was the truth for most places.)

SOHO was packed that night. It was like the whole town of young people were there. The age group that came here each night seemed to be getting younger and younger. Everyone was drinking and laughing like a maniac all around. Yet, I still see a young girl sitting alone by the flower pots in front of the place. It was nearly midnight, and she was looking tired and bored. I guessed not everybody enjoyed the place.

I wonder if the people there were truly happy.

I suddenly felt tired. May be, I should just go home.

No comments: