Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Hair Wash, Another Unsatisfactory Job Done

I was wondering about the area in Crowne Tower (天阁)the day before, and I suddenly decided to have my hair washed.

So, I walked up to the saloon on the top-most floor of the shopping complex, went in and sat down.

The layout of the saloon was not too bad. The main colour was white, which gave the whole area a clean look. Even the chairs were white.

The attendant that came up to me was a boy advancing into his twenties. He had short hair that was dyed wooden-orange, and a pair of dark-rimmed spectacles. He asked what I needed, and I told him that I would like my hair washed.

I was lead to a chair and handed two magazines: "iFeel" and "风采". I was quite alright with "风采", but did I look like I was still a teenager? (Note: "iFeel" was a magazine for teenage girls).

The attendant then asked what shampoo would I like to use, the better "professional" shampoo, or the normal, standard shampoo. As they charged an additional RM 6.00 for the better shampoo, I opted for the normal one.

The shampoo boy was very strong with his hands. I had to tell him twice to stop squeezing my head because it was hurting me.

The wash area was behind the counter, and I asked for warm water. The water mix of the shower tap was not working as well as other saloons, as the hot and cold water were not mixed evenly, and I got periods of cold and hot splashes on my hair.

When it was time to blow-dry my hair, another guy, whom I presumed was the owner, or the stylist of the premise, came to the shampoo boy's rescue. He was doing an awkward job with my hair, tying too much hair up and pulling strands of my hair out.

The stylist was no better. I only asked for a normal blow-dry, straight hair, and he was awkward in doing that too. I noticed that he did not dare to pull my hair down more to straighten the tip, thus leaving it frizzy.

My bangs were done in yet another awkward fashion. I looked really weird in that.

When I paid at the counter, the lady charged me RM 18.00 for such unsatisfactory results. At the side of the counter was a certificate showing that one of the stylist was from Inspirational Alan Saloon. I had to resist rolling my eyes at that certificate. A stylist who could not even do a straight hair well dared to present to the world such certification, or was Alan no better?

The saloon was called McPhee.

No comments: