Friday, April 04, 2008

Friends I Have Not Seen In Eleven Years

Ee Chia and Lee Na @ the Food Court, The Spring

I never gave much thought about this, but friends of mine from High School just met up last night to have dinner and drinks together at the Food Court in The Spring.

Both Ee Chia and Lee Na I had not seen since I graduated high school. Heck! I had not seen them even before graduation, after we were seperated into different classes after junior high.

Ee Chia just gave birth to a beautiful daughter a month ago, and Lee Na is expecting in another two months' time. Two mothers from my year, and I am still walking around single. :)

Both looked the same as they had a decade ago. Time had not age them, but life had put them into different catogories now. I wish them well in keeping their families. :) I am always happy to see my friends having good things in their life. :)

Anna @ Rain

Anna was from my class too in junior high. She had been quiet in her younger days, and spent her time doing God-knows-what, for she and I had beed seated a distance away, almost a room across. But I had always this memory of me teasing her rather "sad" look, and she would always tolerate me in a big-sisterly way.

Now, eleven years later, she came back from the city, and could nail me back whenever I started teasing her. But at the end of the day, I was the one with the oppotunity of having the last say. Haha!!! I might be a little older than our times in school, but my cheekiness had never failed to strike home. And as we were when we were young, she would tolerate me in her big-sisterly way, with a smile.

It was great to have our friends home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

一个普通的朋友从未看过你哭泣。一个真正的朋友有双肩让你的泪水湿尽。

一个普通的朋友不知道你父母的姓氏。一个真正的朋友有他们的电话在通讯簿上。

一个普通的朋友会带瓶葡萄酒参加你的派对。一个真正的朋友会早点来帮你准备,为了帮你打扫而晚点走。

一个普通的朋友讨厌你在他睡了后打来。一个真正的朋友会问为什么现在才打来。

一个普通的朋友找你谈论你的困扰。一个真正的朋友找你解决你的困扰。

一个普通的朋友对你的罗曼史感到好奇。一个真正的朋友可以威胁你说出来。

一个普通的朋友在拜访时,像一个客人一样。一个真正的朋友会打开冰箱自己拿东西。

一个普通的朋友在吵架后就认为友谊已经结束。一个真正的朋友明白当你们还没打过架就不叫真正的友谊。

一个普通的朋友期望你永远在他身边陪他。一个真正的朋友期望他能永远陪在你身旁!

kaye~ys said...

lucky heng: hey, there, heng heng... I miss you too... :)

Anonymous said...

When our turn to lim, 女Scropio???