Tuesday, September 18, 2007

UNIMAS Snorkelling Session (16 Sep 2007)

I hardly blog nowadays. I could say that I was busy, but in actual fact, not so busy that I had no time to blog. It was just that I was very occupied for a while with other aspects in my life, and when I finally got home, I was just too tired to turn on my PC and start blogging.
But here it is:
Sept 16, 2007
Edward was having some UNIMAS students coming over to Talang-Talang islands for snorkelling session. I went to help out. Most of the students that came were really young, I guessed less than twenty years in age. Both races of Chinese and Indians were there, and like our society, they tend to stick to the group that share their common appearances.
There were not too many divers this week. Just five of them, including one Kenny Sia, a famous local blogger. He came with Lawrence and his wife, both of whom I had not met before. Peggy was friendly, and she was easy to talk to. Lawrence had an underwater camera, but it suffered a leakage on his first dive.
The bunch of UNIMAS students, most of them were girls. Some of them were not very comfortable in the water, and tend to freeze while I took them in turn to snorkel around the area. One such girl told Edward that there were not many fishes, and Edward took her down diving in a coral patch just beside Talang Besar. Girl was stunned by the variety of fishes and their traffic down there. Ed was pretty smug after that.
Clare, David and I climbed to the roof of Adi's boat to boat jump. I just had my snacks and was feeling rather full and lazy. But Clare insisted on going up, so I went with her, with David following. When we jumped, I had a hard time burping myself.
I notice that whenever I was asked to do things that I did not really want to, yet was harmless doing it, I tend to complain like an old lady. I would keep on rambling until the task was finally done. I am just such an old "Lor-sor" (i.e. Someone who talks and reminds people about things endlessly).
The water was clear, thankfully. Visibility was about 5 to 7 metres. But I wonder for how long it would stay like this before the rainy season set in and brought the silt up from the bottom. The climate this year was very unusual. It had been raining really hard during the dry season. No one really knows what to expect for the end of the year.

No comments: