Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Kudat's Diver Down

While I was hanging out in Edward's dive shop last night, I heard them talking about one particular diver who was sent to Labuan for decompression illness's treatment. Sources said that this man suffered from decompression illness after an one-hour dive in Kudat. It was believed that he stayed too long at a depth of 50m.

After starting diving myself, I have always being asked this question, "Diving? Is it dangerous?"

When I first attended classes for my "Open Water Diver"'s license, I was told that diving was one of the safest sports in this world. Statistically, there are more deaths and injuries in driving than diving. :) As long as the diver practises all safety precautions necessary, and have respect for the nature, I doubt that anything worse than a coral bite or a cramped muscle would happen.

To me, the only danger in diving is the STUPIDITY and ARROGANCE of a diver.

No comments: