Thursday, April 05, 2007

To Trust, Or To Believe? What Should It Be?

I have not been here for a month. My life has been busy, busy picking up things where I have left them before. Old friends to gather, new friends to meet, and my work. Everyday starts with me picking up the unfinished ends of yesterday and continuing with what should be done for the rest of it, and starting the whole cycle all over again.
Once in a while, something new would pop up. And that would most certainly disturbed your routine.
These surprises, they could be pleasant, or not.
But whether they were angels, or devils, they most certainly would leave you with a mark. Something for you to remember them by, be it a spot where you smiled at once you laid your eyes on it, or a scar that was just too ugly to bear sight.
Some scars may be ugly, but they are your medals that honour your growth and maturity. Some scars are just there because you chose to trust the wrong person.
I do not trust easily. People lie. This is a plain fact.
Never trust easily, nor fully. Always leave some space in between so you will have time to bulk. This was my lesson.
But once in a while, if it appears in front of me, I will choose to believe.
And once I believe, I hold on to it fast, and will never let go.
Trust and believe. They are not the same.
I may not trust a person's character to accomplish certain things, but I believe in the good in him, that he is capable of being kind to others.
It is hard to trust, harder still to believe. Yet believing can be so easy, the moment that you see it, you will know what to believe in.
It is hard to trust, but believing makes things easier. At least it makes living with that person more bearable.

No comments: