Thursday, February 15, 2007

Valentine

It's valentine's day, and it started me thinking.
What was the purpose of valentine's day?
They said that it was a day to celebrate the love between two people. I do not object.
They said that it was a day to show your love to your loved one. I do not object.
They said that it was a day to take you love one out for a candle light dinner. Yes, that's romantic.
But was all that necessary?
Who said that one must send red roses to their valentine on this day?
Who decided that one must have dinner in a dimly-lit room with forks and knives with their valentine on this day?
Does it mean that the more roses that one sent, your love for the other is bigger or of more value or richer?
Don't get me wrong. I still blush with happiness whenever I receive flowers on this day, and smile at myself whenever I think of that someone. It's the little gimmicks like this that keep the love going.
But was that all necessary?
Here I am, sitting in front of my desk, looking at the flowers that I received in the day, yet only the feeling of tiredness and dread envelop me.
These flowers are dying. And I hate them.
Red roses are turning into black petals. Dark and ugly.
Until someone called me nearly one in the morning, and came to my place with a bunch of roses.
They were pink, fresh, and pure. They bloomed with the heart of the giver.
And I was happy. Not because I received flowers. But because someone still cared enough to know that I was alone on valentine's day and came to me, even though it might not be valentine's anymore.
I may still be alone. But I have friends who cared. Enough to search the area at midnight to get flowers and make the journey to my place. Friends who love me enough to take care of me in such a sense.
Never my lover, yet today, he was my valentine.
I thank you.
I may be alone, but my heart is warm.
Guys, people, I love you all!!! Happy valentine's day, and may all your days be as sweet as valentine!!!! Cheers!!!

2 comments:

Fish Fish said...

Char Bor, Happy Chinese New Year.

Muaaaaaakkkkkkkk~~~ like a pig to you. :P

Anonymous said...

Greeting From FF International Hotel Consultant!

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is Blog regarding the Special Night Valentine for this year 2008 event. We would welcome to all guest to come Valentine Romeo and Juliet on 14th February 2008 at Paramount Hotel, Sibu. The special night event, we also present the wine Romeo and Juliet from Italy. For book is 1month early before 2weeks valentine day!!This Valentine party only limited for 50 couple only!! For more information please call Ms.Claudia/ flora/ farrison or email us at ffinternationalhotel@yahoo.com

Best Regards,

Flora John
Business Development Manager
FF International Hotel Consultant
Tel: 084 - 323 753
Fax: 084 - 323 752
Mobile: 013 - 8320 738