Monday, November 20, 2006

Better Days

Things just have not been going on too fine for me these days. November is a month of bitterness/happiness cocktail. And I thought that we were supposed to have a good month as a birthday month.
Bitterness: Things just come hitting me on the head by the waves. First, there is the issue with my work. Then, there are issues with my friends. And finally, there is this guy that I secretly admired who decided to get married. He is learning to speak his partner's dialect, for Christ's sake!!!
Oh, shucks...
Happiness: It's my birthday month??? Does that count??? And he has finally found his happiness??
Oh, well... It doesn't matter. It's not period, I mean this choppy month, not the guy's relationship. I do sincerely wish him well in his future "undertakings". Ha!!!
Seriouly, I'm happy for them. They are my very good friends. I was rather annoyed actually when I first heard about them this morning, but that annoyance vanished like smoke into thin air in half a day's time. I mean, how could I not be happy to see them happy? They are a good couple.
I guess it just means that I did not fancy that guy hard enough.
Oh, bother... There will be other trees in the forest, and I live in Borneo!!! The rainforest island!!! Ha ha!!!
And for the sake of faith and hope, let's just hope that this month will get better with this song, by the Goo Goo Dolls: Better Days.
May all of us be blessed with the happiness of life, simple, true and sweet. Cheers!!!
And you ask me what I want this year
And I try to make this kind and clear
Just the chance that maybe we'll find better days
Cuz I don't need boxes wrapped in strings
And designer love and empty things
Just the chance that maybe we'll find better days
So take these words
And sing out loud
Cuz everyone is forgiven now
Cuz tonight's the night the world begins again
I need someplace simple where we could live
And something only you can give
And that's faith and trust and peace while we're alive
And the one poor child who saved this world
And there's ten million more who probably could
If we all just stopped and said a prayer for them
So take these words
And sing out loud
Cuz everyone is forgiven now
Cuz tonight's the night the world begins again
I wish everyone was loved tonight
And somehow stop this endless fight
Just the chance that maybe we'll find better days
So take these words
And sing out loud
Cuz everyone is forgiven now
Cuz tonight's the night the world begins again
Cuz tonight's the night the world begins again

1 comment:

Fish Fish said...

Char Bor, wait for December, my bd month, it will be better for you. ;) *hugsssss*