Saturday, March 14, 2009

Fake Tattoos

It is only natural in this world, that human beings, be them man or woman, beautifies themselves in ways that they see fit. Some colour their faces, others add or reduce parts of their anatomy. But all is fine, as long as they are the true expression of oneself, if not pleasing to the eyes.

However, there is one thing that I just find pathetic in a person, that is he/she would go about sporting a FAKE tattoo, and trying to look cool in it.

I like tattoos, though I have none myself. It shows character, and that is because one needs to go through pain and bleeding in order to obtain it. And that, itself, takes a lot of courage and endurance, particularly those tattoos done in sensitive places. I admire them, the people who has gone through the bloody ritual of being engrave with a symbol that represents something in themselves or their lifes. I respect this way of individual expression.

That is why it annoys me a lot to see someone wearing a fake one on the arm or the thigh, especially on people whom we all know from first look that they are the least likely person to go for a tattoo themselves. This, in my own way of seeing it, is a disgrace to themselves, as it only goes on to show how much of a chicken they are. These wannabes are so much without character, that it just turns me off.

My advice? Don't wear a tattoo unless you are sure that you had wanted it, and that you have found just that right one, on the right place. And never print the names of your boy/girlfriends, lovers, or husbands/wives in the tattoo. You'll never know when you will regret that tattoo.

2 comments:

Tiffany L said...

on contrary, i think it's better for someone to sport a fake tattoo than to get a real one and regret it later.

when i was very into tatts alot of years back, my parents absolutely forbade me to get one. so i ended up drawing on myself with colored markers and pens.

i actually took the pain not to let my artwork touch water. but in the end also have to wash off. sigh.

Anonymous said...

I disagree.. I have used fake tattoos before, and find them to be really cute! In a tongue-in-cheek sorta way.
Don't be so quick to judge :) Some of us do have character, you know..