Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Heat

I looked to the sky, and saw that it was greyish blue. I guess it would rain this afternoon.
I hoped that it would rain.
I had been having some heat spells for the past few days. My voice had changed due to that, and I kept feeling lazy and tired in midday. I never liked that.
During the days when I was in the U.K., Summer was the time when I spent the least time sleeping, for the day was long in summer. I could be up at six in the morning, and kept going on with life until eleven in the evening, yet not feel the slightest bit of tiredness.
Back here in Kuching, the heat really got to me, especially during the dry season.
One other thing that I did not like about the dry season, was that the neighbouring country would burn their jungles at this time. That was to prepare their land for a new year of planting. Burning of the land at such big scale, caused the whole region to be enveloped in smog and haze.
I hated that. Still do.
Let's just hope that I'll survive through this period once again for another year.

No comments: