Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Monkeo

Monkeo is my friend.

I have known her since 1998, and we have been very good friends since.

Very good friends: def. A person or a group of people whom one shares a solid relationship(s), tied together by the same interest or a connection of mind, heart or soul.

Monkeo is small and thin, like a monkey. Short in her height and short in her hair length, she wears a pair of glasses. Hence, I cannot really remember what her eyes are like. I guess they are small, hidden behind those glasses. But hey, you don't need big eyes to see the world.

Monkeo and I went to college together. She sat at the back while I took the front seat. She was thin and I was fat. I walked up to her one day and decided we should be friends. That day, we went to Sunway Pyramid's McDonald and sat there the whole afternoon reading our texts and talked.

That was how it all started.

Monkeo and I liked to drink tea. Well, not the tea. We liked it when we could just sit in one little shop and talk the whole afternoon away. We would then have dinner at that shop too, and kept on talking until it was time to close.

We were young, right? Time was the only asset we possessed.

The time I spent with Monkeo, was the period of my life where I watched the most movies. We could catch two to three movies in a week. Most of my pocket money went into the Golden Screen Cinema. We would catch a bus in the afternoon right after class, and paid 50 cents to get to the Pyramid. Monkeo walked a fast pace, and I would always have to follow in an equally *pant* fast pace, with heavy knapsacks on our backs, and all our previous class materials and texts in them. I wonder now why I did not slim down with all those hard work?

When we finished college, Monkeo and I decided that we would like to be pharmacists. So, we started our university application. Monkeo got a place in a university near her home, and I got into another university which provided courses from overseas institutions. We went our seperate ways after that.

All throughout our university life we did not see each other. The next time I saw her, we were already pharmacists.

Monkeo came in her slippers and shorts looking exactly like a tourist in town, with that heavy knapsack on her back again. Her pace was still fast, and her talking faster. Monkeo was still the same. Time moved on, but there were things that would always be the same. :)

Monkeo is my friend, and I guess we will be even to the day we both passed on. Somethings will never change. Right, friend?

No comments: