Friday, July 14, 2006

Update! Update!!!

Ah, I finally got around myself to organize some of my pics from my first ever diving trip. There were loads of them, from the moment we went on board, to the moment I put my suit and gear on, and the time when I back-rolled into the water.

It was my open sea exam in April, 2006, and it was Good Friday (just so you know, Good Friday is a public holiday here in Sarawak). Hallelujah, I passed all skills required to perform!!!

I can't quite remember much about the scenery underwater back then. All that I could recall was we were told to do much more than required in the syllabus, but it was worth it, because it was so much fun!!! Tiring, though.

One such extra requirement was the 'Tired Diver Tow'. Each one of us was supposed to pull the other diver (supposedly so tired that he can't even swim himself back to the boat) at the neck of the gas tank (it's normal air inside, not pure oxygen), and swim backwards towards the destination.

Can you imagine trying to swim while pulling someone with you, against the waves and currents? I was lucky that day, for the current was not too strong, and I only had to swim halfway before Edward, the instructor, told us to switch places. Then, I was the tired diver. Ha ha!!!

No comments: